Terms and Conditions
Please read this User Agreement before using this website. Access to and use of newslinemagazine.com are provided by Newsline Publications (Pvt.) Ltd. based on the terms set out in this agreement. By using newslinemagazine.com, you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions in this User Agreement.
NewslineMagazine.com User Agreement
1. Welcome to newslinemagazine.com (“Website,” or “Service”), a service provided by Newsline Publications (Pvt.) Ltd. (“Newsline,” “we” or “our”). By using this Service, you agree to be bound by all the terms of this User Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms of this User Agreement or to modify any features of this Service at any time without notice to you, and you agree to be bound by such changes. Any changes to this User Agreement shall become a part of this User Agreement and shall apply as soon as they are posted. The most current version of the User Agreement can be viewed at any time at newslinemagazine.com. You are advised to review this User Agreement each time you use our Service. Your use of this Service constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and policies. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality (including, without limitation, video, chat, surveys and related projects) that augment or enhance the Service, shall be subject to this User Agreement.
2. Newsline reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Newsline shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
3. The content of the pages of the Website is for your general information and lawful use only. Using this website or any part of it for unlawful purposes is strictly prohibited. You shall not use this Service in a manner that is hateful, infringes on the rights of others or could be deemed as harassment. As a user, active participant in public forums or contributor of any type of content on the Website your behaviour is governed not only by this User Agreement but also by all the terms set out in the Comment and Content Challenge Policy statement. Please read the Comment and Content Challenge Policy (“CCCP”) as it is a critical section of this User Agreement and your use of the Service means that you agree to abide by all the conditions and rules set out in the CCCP as well.
In using or visiting the Website, you promise not to limit other users’ ability to access, use or enjoy our Service. Any attempt by you to disrupt the Service or alter any content posted on the Website is prohibited and illegal. It is our right to take legal action against you if you plan, commit or attempt to commit any unauthorised actions on the Website.
4. This Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Newsline and is protected by copyright. This material includes, but is not limited to, the text, design, look, photographs, graphics, logos, video and audio content. Newsline (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) has rights therein. All individual articles, videos, content and other elements comprising this Service are also copyrighted works, and Newsline (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) has rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Service.
As such, unless expressly permitted by Newsline in writing, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Service, except as permitted as follows in points i) and ii) below:
i) “Fair Use”: Just as Newsline from time to time excerpts materials from other sources to support the various writings and news contained in our Service, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on the Website. Accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on this site, provided that, and only when, you give the original author credit, source/footnote the material as coming from newslinemagazine.com and install a hyperlink back to the newslinemagazine.com website when possible, and provided that your use is for a non-commercial purpose only and not, for example, for re-sale. You shall never reprint an article from newslinemagazine.com in its entirety without the advance written permission of Newsline.
ii) “One Personal Copy”: You may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only.
These allowances in i) and ii) do not permit you to distribute any part of this Service over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. Nor do the allowances in i) and ii) confer any license to use any logos or images associated with Newsline, or third party partners or advertisers, in any way whatsoever.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
5. By posting or submitting content on or to the Website (regardless of the form, i.e. whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving Newsline and its third party contractors, free of charge, the right to display or publish such content on the Service and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Thus, when you make any video submissions to Newsline, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) Newsline may compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and Newsline or its licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that:
i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in all such submissions
ii) your contributions are not defamatory and do not break any Pakistani or international laws
iii) you are authorised to give Newsline all permissions with respect to your contributions to enable their inclusion and use in the manner envisioned by Newsline and this User Agreement
iv) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use their name or likeness on the Service as intended by Newsline and this User Agreement
Newsline reserves the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice.
6. THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions in this service. All content on the Website is subject to change without notice.
7. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. WE DO NOT ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED IN THIS SERVICE.
This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
8. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO THIS SERVICE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SERVICE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON THIS SERVICE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Newsline and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors shall not be liable for any losses or damage incurred by you in any way, shape or form arising from the use of this website.
9. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Newsline and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of this User Agreement and any other policies on this website. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defence of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
10. The failure or delay of Newsline to exercise or enforce any of our rights detailed in this User Agreement does not amount to waiver.
11. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Last updated on November 20, 2009.